Church On The Street – Atlanta
Our Vision and Purpose
There is an incredible opportunity here in our backyard, Atlanta, GA., where over 30,000 homeless men/women/and children live each day on the street or in temporary shelters. Since 1991 groups from Woodstock have gone down to Atlanta to serve the growing population of hurting people living on the streets.
While in Atlanta, we move around to 10-12 locations to hand out food, give encouragement, pray with folks, and to share the Gospel with the men and women that we serve in the homeless community.
Everyone is invited to join us each Saturday for Church on the Street Atlanta. We meet at 1:45PM every Saturday in the parking lot next to the A and B buildings on the campus at First Baptist Woodstock. Once supplies are loaded up and everyone is on the vans we take off for Atlanta. The group leaves right at 2PM and arrives back to the church campus by 6:00PM.
Church on the Street Specifics
– Groups go to Atlanta every Saturday. Rain or Shine.
– Meet in between A & B Buildings at 1:45PM.
– Vans depart at 2PM for Atlanta.
– Dress according to that day’s weather.
– Leave all valuables at home.
– Always get approval from the COTS leader before giving money to the homeless.
– Food and water are handed out each Saturday.
– You can bring socks, underwear, coats, and other clothing items to give out.
Sign up HERE